- Brand New Inline Editor
- New Payment portal
- E-Commerce updates
Frioda Inline Editor
Cin7’s inline editor has been overhauled, this has been the cause of many issues in the past and it’s great to see the team at Cin7 taking the time to fix small things that simplify the backend and make it easier to make things look really great.
Cin7 is using the Froala editor which allows rich text to be edited. The changes will be seen in the following pages:
Update Footer for Documents
- Update Bank Details for Invoice
- Update Email Template
- Email Template Editor (in each module)
- Terms and Conditions editor within the document template editor
- Edit Email page
The key benefits of using the Froila based editor is the fact that you can insert images, create hyperlinks, and also use tables. Also if you want to design your email using either html and CSS you can easily access the backend code. The only shortcoming is that there is no spell check functionality; instead, you would have to use a third party plugin like Grammarly.
New Payment Portal
Cin7s payment portal allows you to receive direct payments for an invoice via a number of different gateways. You can use gateways like PayPal, Stripe and eWAY.
You can also customise a pay now button to an email and invoices. The look of your payment gateway can also be changed with your company branding and marketing message.
With e-commerce exploding I am glad to see Cin7 is constantly checking their system to make sure their connections to Magento, Shopify and marketplaces are kept up to date.
A summary of some recent ecommerce updates:
- You can now update pricing for products in Magento 1.x using the Magento integration.
- You can now link stock updates from a branch in Cin7 to a specified warehouse in JOOR. Especially useful if you have separate stock for different Joor warehouses.
- Cin7’s Shopify integration allows you to download variants that match UoM codes in Cin7 so that you can update stock or download orders with UoMs.
- For Magento 2.x you can now have any gift vouchers applied to Magento orders diminish the matching gift voucher stored in Cin7. Note that to update any remaining amounts back to Magento you will need to use Cin7’s API Gift Voucher endpoint.